One hundred and forty three summers ago, Methodists organised a Camp Meeting and began holding summer worship services in our open grove. Worship moved indoors when the lovely chapel was built in 1875. This building, which is included in the National Register of Historic Places, has been restored and maintained by the Trustees of the Chapel. The Union Chapel in the Grove provides interdenominational Christian worship services from June to September. We have no members; the services are organized by the Trustees and offered by an inspiring variety of guest preachers. All are invited to join us on summer Sundays at 10:30 am.
Arranging a Wedding
Weddings at Union Chapel are held from May through October. A minimum donation of $800.00 paid in advance is required to help cover maintanenace costs. Read more...
A Brief History
The Union Chapel in the Grove was founded in 1872. The present building, which is now listed in the National Register of Historic Places, was erected in 1875-76.
Read more ...
The Brigham Windows
The large Marine Mosaic windows flanking the chancel are outstanding examples of the unusual craftsmanship of Walter Cole Brigham, a local artist, whose rich effects were achieved by the adroit use of natural shells, stones and chunks of broken glass. Read more ...
Summer 2015 Preaching Schedule
Read more about our preaching schedule here.